Pan-European Duck Symposium
Five symposia have been held to date:
1) The first was held in Aarhus, Denmark, in March 2006 as part of the Nordic Game Biology Conference. It was organised by Tony Fox and Preben Clausen and hosted by the National Environmental Research Institute (NERI). The abstracts can be downloaded here.
2) PEDS2 was held in Arles, France, on 23-26 March 2009, organised by Matthieu Guillemain and hosted by the Office National de la Chasse et de la Faune Sauvage. The conference proceedings were published as Special Issue No.2 of Wildfowl and the papers can be downloaded from the Wildfowl website.
3) PEDS3 was held in Jindrichuv Hradec, Czech Republic, on 26-28 April 2012. It was organised by Petr Musil and hosted by the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Czech University of Life Sciences, Charles University, Prague. The abstract book is available here. During the conference, DSG members compiled the Jindrichuv Hradec statement which highlighted key issues for duck conservation and management in Europe based upon the key conclusions made by delegates.
4) PEDS4 was held in Hanko, Finland, on 7-11 April 2015. It was organised by Aleksi Lehikoinen and Mikael Kilpi. The abstract book is available here.
5) PEDS5 was held on the island of Great Cumbrae in Scotland on 17-20 April 2018 and was organised by Chris Waltho and Colin Galbraith. The conference web pages can be viewed here and the abstract book is available here.
North American Duck Symposium
Eight symposia have taken place to date, with the most recent held in Annapolis in August 2019. Abstracts and other information about all NADS can be found here.
International Sea Duck Conference
Six conferences have taken place – five in North America and one in Iceland in September 2014. The most recent was held in San Francisco, California, USA in February 2017. Abstracts for the first five conferences are available from the International Sea Duck Conference website.
Goose, Swan and Duck Study Group of Northern Eurasia
The Goose, Swan and Duck Study Group of Northern Eurasia have held five conferences, most recently in Salekhard, Russia during 30 November – 6 December 2015, in partnership with the Wetlands International / IUCN SSC Goose Specialist Group. This conference “Waterfowl of Northern Eurasia: Research, conservation, and sustainable use” focused on Arctic waterfowl, the East Asian-Australasian flyway, and new approaches and methods in waterfowl research, conservation, and management. Please find detailed information at the conference website.